Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How Sweet It Is--Delaney and Hadley Turn One!!!

I am neither crafty nor creative and we usually do basic birthday parties around here. But for some reason several months ago I started researching ideas for the girls' first birthday. I came across a Sweet Shoppe party that I fell in love with. So with a combination of that and the fact that these were going to be my last babies that will turn one, they are girls and there are two of them instead of one, I decided to go all out for their party. I had so much fun looking for ideas and making things. But after weeks of sewing ruffled streamers I started thinking I had made a mistake! But after seeing the end result I think it was worth it. It was alot of work but it was exactly what I had hoped for. I did have some help from some good friends. My sweet friend Brittany volunteered to make something. So I told her I had an idea to do giant lollipops to line the sidewalk outside but had no idea how to make them. She got busy and brought me lollipops that were absolutely adorable. Exactly what I had in mind! My friend Jen has only boys so I think she had fun shopping for pink girly things:) She found some great stuff to make party hats and made the cutest party hats you have ever seen! My mom also made a fabulous pink and white marshmallow wreath for the front door. She also came and helped me for the 2 weeks leading up to the party. I could not have done it without her! The party turned out perfect and I'm so glad I did it. (but probably will not ever again :) Happy Birthday sweet loves! Here is their Sweet Shoppe Party!


The Invitations
008

The Details

Treat Bags
treat bags

Fabulous Party Hats!
party hats

The Smash Cakes
cakes

Oustide Decorations
outside

Inside the Sweet Shoppe
decorations

The Sweet Shoppe Banner
banner

Dessert Table
food table

Candy Bar
candy bar

The Experience
experience

cake

The Aftermath
aftermath

Invitations by Say It Sassy
Banner by A to Zebra Celebrations
Dessert Labels and Thank You Tags by Chickabug

No comments:

Post a Comment